Flower Power


A most excellent collection of flower pods is forming on our wildflowers and the geraniums out back...the poppies are almost ready to pop.
Nate came with today for some shoveling at the school's garden, and he got really worn out...I said "do you want to come with me again sometime?" "Um, no!" He doesn't like really hard work, what can you say...he loved feeling like he did construction, though. Now he is running around with his orange tube toy being an elephant...
New criticism of mommy, too: I tried to do some complicated maneuver with something we were making, I forget exactly what, kind of flubbing it, and Nate chimes in with "Mr. Noodle!" *
* Mr. Noodle is the clown on Elmo's World (Sesame St.) who does it wrong to show you how NOT to do it!
4 Comments:
I think I finally got how to comment on this thing. Your garden is beautiful. We haven't even got full leaf growth as yet here.
Hi Moho! We had one poppy *pop* today, and last night I went out on slug patrol and they are coming in from my neighbor's yard, under the fence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They ate most of my sunflower sprouts, but I have more in pots. You should start some sunflowers and squash later, they are very satisfying to grow since they make nice hardy green shoots.
Mr. Noodle sounds like a good way for kids to get the idea that everybody makes mistakes sometimes, and it's o.k. Being an elephant sounds like fun.
Anything that can make a lot of noise is good. Right now we are stuck inside, since Nate already went to the big slide in SF with daddy...won't go with mommy for a walk...sheesh...watching his daddy trying to fix his guitar.
Post a Comment
<< Home