Nate's World

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Playing in the Yard, etc...

Someone asked for a tour of the garden, here are some shots with the boys. No shots of the new spite planter, it's gone away, apparently. All that's left is our hugambous yard with a cutie:


You can kind of see our wobbly fence on the back 40 fence, it's been keeping the cats out lately. Still putting up netting, though. The side plot is ready for my broccoli sprouts in a week or two--I've been loading it up with orange peels and coffee grounds and there are hecka worms in there now.

A little sprouted acorn in the corner, guarded by a sign:




A little after-work soccer for dad:



The radishes are doing their thing:



And here we have yet another interesting collection of crap from me straightening up the side yard: The glass stopper thingy is a glass fuse, there is an old flower from a barrette, some newish beer glass, some structural textured glass, a small light bulb end, and a piece of lead (sheet metal)! Yes, lead. Probably structural. As we know, they used to dump stuff in the back along the fenceline way since back when, and probably dumped a lot of stuff when they expanded the house (probably in the 1940's). I also found a really cool old brass nozzle (for a hose) in the garden area, I am keeping that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous grandma said...

Anthropology training comes in handy! What a gorgeous garden -- we're so impressed. I'll never forget my total failure when Matt was Nate's age. What a delight to watch your garden grow.

3:34 PM  
Blogger suzanne said...

I redid the cat fence! Much more secure now. Great to see the cat race toward the plot, aim to jump, paw raised and *doh!* no place to jump! Then he took a poop in the corner (the cat, not Nate).

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home