Nate tries out his new school

The teacher looks a little fierce, but that's life in the big city.
Update!
Nate is doing pretty well in his new place, the odd accident here and there, and some serious tiredness, but otherwise he seems very stimulated by the new environment. I think I need to give up on granola lady for now, she wants a truckload of organic MONEY for a deposit that we just do not have. And so it goes.
I just needed to share with you all the new Waldorf School's announcement from my parent listserve--this is so N. Berkeley:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings!
gentle nourishing morning for parent and child centered in our lush native
California, and edible plant garden. Seasonal circle in french and english,
songs, verses, movement, cooking, crafts, and puppet plays are all part of our
daily rhythm and celebration. From grinding our grain for baking day, to planting,
harvesting, and chopping our vegetables for soup day, to preparing our snacks and
packing out out on hiking day, parents and children are sure to be nourished weekly by
the rhythms of our beautifully inspired Waldorf program for early childhood.
Location: North Berkeley Hills: Steps to Tilden Park.
A full warm organic snack will be offered daily.
Enrollment applications are available now and may be sent upon request.
Please contact _@elementalmother.com for more information.
Please Join us for our Spring Circle, Marionette Play- The Story of the Root
Children- and Open House. Sunday, April 26th- 3-5pm. RSVP
-----------------------------------------------------------
Did you enjoy that unique, organic sentence structure?? I know I did!
Daddy Matt points out that grinding one's own grain is a very useful skill to have, especially in these uncertain times, so be snarky at your risk!
Update!
Nate is doing fine in his "big school." I didn't know how nice the small school was, getting to know all the cool parents at our little co-op has been so nice this year, with frequent parent meetings, etc. With the bigger places it's all very anonymous. If I get him into the littler place with the granola-eaters for the rest of the summer or the fall, at least I know he won't smell like a French Fry when I pick him up, and there's only ten kids, as opposed to 20!
We've been amazed at Nate's resiliency about spending all day in a new place.

Now Mommy finds out the "Crunchy Granola Lady"* place may have room this summer, so do we switch from the huge but convenient Hot Dog Heaven* to a smaller, home daycare with more attention for Nate, but less room. But maybe this means Nate will get to do more, since he'll get more attention?? It would certainly cost a little more to get Nate his yoga and veggies this summer...
*All daycare names have been euphemetized to provide a modicum of confidentiality.
5 Comments:
Doggy away! Doggy away! No wait, that's Don't be afraid!
...raised by wolves, but he will live to tell!
Which daycare has more fun things for the kid?
Which daycare will he enjoy the most?
Gosh, the big place has music on, lots of big toys, (Nate loves the toy coffee grinder best), and the little place is just cooler, better food, but less space, and they take vacations we have to pay for!
I would feel better leaving him all day at the little house place, but I will make less to take home. Golly, I think I'll sign him up at the little place just in case.
Oh happy day when you find out he can enjoy his new world away from Mom. Freedom, but loss, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home