Nate's World

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fairyland Goofiness




We are lucky to have a park right down the way with cheesy Mother Goose and Peter Rabbit and Alice-themed stuff--here Nate does an expert turn in the Ferris Wheel. Such a chilly day, very few tots braved the cold, esp. since the deal is night-time lights and Santa over there, probably not tonight, however, since it may rain.

Mommy is making vat-loads of soup and test batches of gift cake (chocolate whiskey cake, too awesome) and other things just to turn on the oven!

Nate is getting over some of his current sleep troubles, thankfully, mommy is cutting short any running back and forth from his room at 11pm (sits on sofa, grins "I naughty!") with much more peace and quiet. Napping again at a reasonable time, too! Mommy tried a couple of times to just let him stay up but he still passes out around 5pm. Our friends are keeping their tot up until 7:30-8pm with no nap, but Nate is still liking his rest. He likes mommy to snuggle and sing to him, and if I go out too soon have to go back in and hear about his day (no taco fan! that one was closed! snake fan is sleeping!). At least I don't have to return and let him close his door multiple times from bed anymore--I think we got through some terrible-two's.

6 Comments:

Blogger mamoho said...

This is a wonder - for nearly all three year olds. It looks so beautiful there.
We are having those days when its twilight all day because of the mist, rain and dense cloud cover.

1:46 PM  
Blogger mamoho said...

I didn't start baking as yet since I keep picking cookie recipes that need one more thing to buy. So I have the coconut, dried cherries, rum and Heath bar chips.
That is four different recipes. What fun!

1:49 PM  
Blogger suzanne said...

I do the same thing! Then I'll have half a container of coconut leftover...Heath bar chips? Yum!
Nate was a good sport the other day at the Crucible foundry art sale...they have glass blowing, metal blacksmithing, welding, and for Xmas hold a big crafts sale with people demonstrating smithing, etc...Nate was really impressed by some very large fans and the stone grinding machines! He and some other kids did some clay sculpting, too. Can't wait to go next time, and they have kid's classes for older kids, too.

8:24 AM  
Blogger grandma said...

wow! City kids have so many adventures. Sounds as if you've had some cold weather -- nothing like Michigan, though, thank goodness. How we forget those days when kids are in transition sleep patterns. Before long, he'll just stay up all day and go to bed at a reasonable hour. What bliss!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Big Bird said...

Just wait till the ride stops at the top!

12:52 PM  
Blogger suzanne said...

Oh he doesn't mind being stuck at the top! He goes on the crazy little roller coaster at the zoo, too.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home