Nate's World

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oak Park Playtime!

A very short drive from mom's is the lovely little landfill park where I played growing up. The old train is still there, but not the flying saucer, but I think I may be remembering wrong--the saucer was at our elementary school. The very dangerous metal jungle gym is still there, though. Matt and I got to run together at Nate's nap time around the park and Nate and Kate got a little playtime there. Mommy kept thinking about walking around when she was a little kid, looking out for worms (blech!) on the sidewalk after it rained.

2 Comments:

Blogger mamoho said...

The wooden train has been worn smooth with the touch of many small hands and feet over the years.

3:51 PM  
Blogger grandma said...

Amazing the park hasn't changed that much -- maybe you can go home again.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home