Nate's World

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Plate of Muffins, Katky, and some Peter Rabbit



Nighttime bliss after a big sunset walk with Daddy. Meanwhile, more clues Nate wants a new kitten:

"Katky has babies! Can Katky have baby kitties??"
then: "Want to see Kitties??!"
So we are watching the very frightening "Tale of Samuel Whiskers and the Roly-Poly Pudding" in which naughty Tom Kitten is lost, captured by giant rats, trussed with string, and made into a "Pudding." He is rescued at the last minute by their handyman terrier and promises not to stray again. Ahem. Nate just likes the kitties.

3 Comments:

Blogger mamoho said...

Why are all those fairy tales which are meant for children so harsh. its that spare the whip and spoil the child attitude left over from the Spanish Inquistion.

6:35 AM  
Blogger suzanne said...

If the Inquisitors had access to some dough and a rolling pin, they would have made some Infidel Puddings.

I read Potter's bio and she had lots of pet mice and rats (and rabbits) and I don't think she thought much of cats.

10:41 AM  
Blogger grandma said...

Not to worry. Kids don't take the blood and guts very seriously -- at least, not if I remember accurately how much I loved the Grimms Fairy Tales and other stories. Nate obviously has a very, very comfort and love-filled life (muffins, Katky and Peter Rabbit).

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home