Nate's World

Thursday, July 03, 2008

"I has gubs!"




Usually the lad will watch a choo-choo train vid whilst mommy gets the morning dishes done, lately he demands in on it, despite mommy's protests that it is so boring, etc...Nate insisted on getting the blue gobs on and washing the favorite spoony, the wacky guy (how did he get so silly?? hmm...).



Not only does a busy busy toddler have to do EVERYTHING momma and daddy do, he will often ask to do it just after you have, i.e., just rolled down the car window, you hear "I DO BY SELF???!!!!" and up and down the window must go. Ditto for doors shutting, things being put away, etc...Sometimes we can slow down and let Nate do some of the heavy lifting, and move him along to the next thing, but the repetition is getting intense again.

And added from this morning, the post-watering sweep-up. The boy goes and gets the broom himself, sweeps. Mommy gets him his own next week at the gardening outlet...

6 Comments:

Blogger mamoho said...

He is a boy of industry - and now learning the difference between toys and the reality of the sink and gobs.

7:03 AM  
Blogger suzanne said...

Yes, now he can get himself a cup of water from the sink and loves that. I'd get him a stepstool but he's kind of klutzy and he doesn't really need one!
Now, on to potty training time!

8:29 AM  
Blogger mamoho said...

He needs a stepstool - get one with treads on top.

5:27 AM  
Blogger grandma said...

Oh, yes, that's the answer when they can do it at the same time you do. Also, of course, just when you're wishing this stage would pass, it does! On to new adventures!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, if I'd had training like that I'd have amounted to something when I grew up. Too late now. ptcarter38

9:48 AM  
Blogger suzanne said...

I'm not sure who is training whom, Phil...

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home