One nerd at a time!


With a spate of hot weather, we hit another heavy round of You Tube-ing (along with a delightful day at the lake, of course). We are into the usual train vids and mommy got Nate heavily into some Krautrock. Really an awesome video, I think, as the crew of Kraftwerk ride the train! Nate: "Nate rides the train!!" LOVES the live in Japan version of Pocket Calculator, too! He saw the calculator on the video, said "phone!" so I produced one for him to play along with! And of course lots of howling toddler singing!
Lots of Kiwi pop as well, with Nate drumming along!
6 Comments:
Must say you find the best stuff for him on the videos - I love both of these videos too.
He has such concentration, to sit through the videos.
Much better than Disco Elevator! All the videos are about two minutes long except Kraftwerk--a little longer. A few train videos are nice and long. Mommy makes dinner while baby watches his choo-choo.
These are on the real computer, right? No wonder kids come to school knowing more than the teachers about navigating on the web, checking out Utube, etc. It's another world even from the one you guys grew up in!
And what's he doing with the hand-held thing? Is that a calculator? Something else? Isn't he still two?!? What will he be doing at age four!
That's just an old calculator for him to play with. He can't do the mouse yet, and I don't want him to. We just watch music for now.
I just read a study that kids with access to computers do LESS homework, so we're going to seriously restrict it around here. The whole deal is really addictive, just like tv, a real time-waster. We say "bye-bye poose {his word for computer] and he puts it away with me after a few songs (or ten). Look at mommy now, I should go do ten push-ups!
Post a Comment
<< Home