Baby Scrum at Bratty Park II*

Sometimes the babies bunch up at the bottom of the slide, nannies to the periphery, moms busily tapping away at their Blackberries; I think they were all after Nate's toy bus. I love this park for the shade in the summer, but the crowd can be a little sketchy, perhaps since it's in such a tony neighborhood. Some of the nannies seem a little traumatized, and some of the moms are wearing such beautiful clothes I am afraid for their Tod's loafers in the sand.
Nate loves loves loves playing with a baby his age or bigger, and today we really lucked out on the way home. Nate asked to go on the swings and then he saw him--a curly-haired dream with a soccer ball.
"Go get him!" mommy says, "go chase the baby!" Nate runs off, hands flapping with excitement, and the kid's daddy says "Oh, go play!" to the little guy. Much fun ensued chasing around the playground, the kid's daddy played too, and Nate had a fine time.
I think he'll like all the pee-wee soccer league action, and he always finds a baby to play with on the slide now.
*Bratty Park refers to the parents here, who have the most amusing sense of entitlement, especially when the nannies take all the benches "I don't know what do!" one mom exclaimed, "she's sitting right in the middle!" Baby Cody, Griffith and Stanton (?) are all fine. Actually, I think the parents deserve more benches, since they pay through the tush to live there.
Scrum: definition
3 Comments:
Other kids make the day so much fun. Nate is going to love school one of these days.
Now, I know I shouldn't be critical of what a mom wants to wear to the sandpit, but I would just like to add that my neighborhood has become so hipster I can muster some mean "damned lazy yuppy lady" looks with my outfit of old Adidas shorts and big ugly running shoes. People are cruel, as are my ancient shorts, fit for non but the running track.
Said shorts can be seen (unfortunately) on my whale-white ass in the video...pleh!
Post a Comment
<< Home