"There is water in the creek!"




Finally, we go to visit the Rainbow Trout in Redwood park. Nate had a fine time playing in the sand then had to be convinced to see the water, then he didn't want to stop throwing sticks!
Can anyone spot the trout in the picture of the water?? A prize for whoever finds it first!
Ah, so much more talking, but first, let us explore the many meanings of a toddler "no."
1. "NO" not now.
2. "No" convince me.
3. "no" I do not yet have/am not doing what I wish to have/do.
4. "no no nah nah nah nah no." or: I am totally making fun of you.
We shall add to this list as seems appropriate!
5 Comments:
No matter the no's - he appears to be so happy!
Its wonderful that he is being taught the great outdoors.
Is it that warm there? No sweaters?
He's definitely getting more intense about what he wants--he's currently obsessed with the tea kettle in a Beatrice Potter story, and cries for it "want to see tea kettle!" He throws his head in his hands and weeps tearlessly.
Yes, we had a 65 degree day again yesterday, and the shirt Nate had on was kind of like a light sweater. So important to get away from cars and traffic to the quiet once in a while!
I have a potty-training book that is funny--it says "if you ask a toddler anything he is likely to say 'no'" so best to offer choices or just say what you are going to do. Nate is good with saying 'bye-bye" and 'all done' to transition, I am very lucky.
Incredible! I could swear he looks like a 4-year old. And, so handsome! Of course, you can't expect him to settle for a simple "no" with two brilliant parents.
Love to all,
Grandma
The good news -- he can tell you what he wants! No more guessing.
The bad news -- he can tell you what he wants! The good news -- he likes mostly everything. What a cutie!
Post a Comment
<< Home