Birthday Biz--"I is two!"



Um, that's Nate who is two, daddy is two something I'm sure, but Nate is all of two years. We told him over and over and he acknowledged "I is two."
Due to Mucky's croupy cough and momma's ouchy back, etc., we had a quiet birthday this year--couple of cakes, whole lot of presents.
Matt's sister Liz sent along "The Biggest Bear," a book about a boy with a huge pet bear that Matt and Liz loved when they were children, and daddy got him two new wooden trucks that Nate decided weren't as good as his plastic school bus because they don't play songs. Mommy got him his Lee Hazelwood cd, which he listens to and is a little baffled by, as are we all.
Cake was had late in the evening, prompting a well-foreseen round of crazed bus-driving, slight sugar-induced confusion ("Time to go out? Nate at the door at 9:30pm) and other wackiness. He bounced off to bed at ten o'clock. Whoo!
2 Comments:
Mazel Tov to the two-year old, hurrah. This was a child-centered Birthday and Nate was not to be bothered with bewildering persons behaving strangely.
Like at his last party?
I think he prefers Johnny Cash to Lee Hazelwood.
Post a Comment
<< Home