Nate's World

Monday, December 18, 2006

Nate's First Birthday!






The sentimental part for Mommy was making Nate's first birthday cake. I've made myself, friends and family cakes but not *sniff* my son's! I made him a half-chocolate layer cake with rasberry in the middle and classic sweet buttercream frosting--a tooth rotter if there ever was one!

Then we packed up the cake and some of Nate's toys for the other children to take over to Colin and Jane's. Most of the tots didn't make it over due to naps, colds, family obligations, etc...leaving a herd of adults to get giddy on cake and all admire the boy as he played.



Nate chewed on packaging as I opened his lovely presents--gorgeous and unique things from our very cool friends, Nate is a very lucky baby. And we are very lucky parents to have such a little cherub!

6 Comments:

Blogger suzanne said...

There are so many pics of ME because many others were blurry! More people pics coming as Anne and Chris will hopefully send me some of theirs.

10:12 PM  
Blogger mamoho said...

What a wonderful party! Wish I could have come - next year for sure.

5:17 AM  
Blogger suzanne said...

It was a fantastic party, we were very happy.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Momma and Pop Bear said...

Suzanne I will try and get those photos to you asap. Thrs I have a 1/2 day... so maybe then.
Anne

1:02 PM  
Blogger suzanne said...

No stress on the pics, Anne. I do want to see how your tree turned out!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate is indeed lucky to have so many friends already. The first birthday cake is truly special, and that first birthday a real triumph. What a first year it's been!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home